Nobody ever starts out their drug habit thinking that they will become an addict ... right ? But in the end, it’s up to them whether they want to rise above their struggle.
Overcoming addiction isn't an easy process, but if you don't kick your habit it very well could cause you your life. Did you know that in 2015, there were over 55,000 deaths due to drug abuse? Now, ask yourself: do I want to be another statistic?
Chances are you probably don't want to end up dying from your habit, so you need to accept responsibility for your behavior and seek out whatever help you need. If that means checking yourself into an inpatient drug rehab facility in Blacksburg, SC, then that's what you should do.
Inpatient drug rehab is a rehab option that offers a high level of support and structure in order to help people overcome their addictions. While outpatient rehab is a more popular option, it's not always the right option for everyone.
For some people, a more rigid environment and a structured routine are necessary to provide them with the foundation they need to overcome their addiction. If you feel that inpatient drug rehab is the best choice for you, then you need to be armed with the necessary information to know what you’ll be committing yourself into.
- What’s the difference between inpatient and outpatient addiction rehabilitation?
- Why go to inpatient rehab?
- What to expect from an inpatient rehab facility
- How to choose the right facility
Blacksburg, SC Inpatient addiction rehabilitation
Inpatient Vs Outpatient Addiction Recovery
The mere fact that you are here now reading about addiction recovery means that you have probably reached a point in your life where you now accept that you are an addict. This is no small feat and many addicts actually never get themselves to this point, which means that they continue to allow their addiction to become a focal point in their life. So now that you've taken that first all-important step and have accepted that you need help, the next step is choosing which type of rehab works best for you in terms of accessibility and costs. Below is a brief listing of the types of care offered in both inpatient and outpatient rehab centers.
- Outpatient rehab is a far less structured type of program compared to inpatient rehab. If you are the type of person who can stick to commitments, then you may be able to have success in beating your addiction with outpatient rehab.
But if you feel you’re the type of person who caves in when faced with adversity, you are much better off in an inpatient rehab facility.
- Outpatient rehab has the added benefit of allowing you to go back to your life and keep up with work and family commitments while you are undergoing treatment. This is a huge bonus unless of course, you don't want anyone or anything distracting you while you are fighting to kick your addiction. If you want as few distractions as possible then inpatient rehab is the right choice for you.
- Inpatient rehab offers you the opportunity to live in an addiction treatment center while you are working toward breaking your habit. While not everyone likes the idea of living in an addiction center, even for a short while, there are benefits to consider. Chief among those benefits is that there is 24/7 care in place to monitor and help you.
- Inpatient rehab also tends to offer a wider variety of treatment options for your addiction since you are going to be devoting more time than you would if you were taking part in an outpatient program. That means that you will be exposed to more coping methods and spend more time speaking to groups about your problems. Group therapy can be incredibly beneficial since it allows you to connect with other people like yourself who have also struggled with addiction.
Why Should You Choose Inpatient Drug Rehab
If you are still on the fence about whether or not you actually need to take part in a drug rehab program, then keep in mind that most people with an addiction live in a state of denial for a long time. The rule of thumb is, if you feel you might have an addiction problem, then you probably do.
You may think that an outpatient rehab program is your best bet, and you may be right. Outpatient rehab programs have a lot of benefits that people enjoy, but they aren't the most structured environment. That's why a lot of people end up in an inpatient facility at some point, generally after they have failed at kicking their habit using an outpatient facility. The following are reasons why inpatient drug rehab might be your best hope for defeating the addiction that has been plaguing you.
- An inpatient drug rehab program removes all distractions from your life so that you can focus exclusively on getting your life together and defeating your drug habit. In an inpatient facility, all of your needs are taken care of, and all of your responsibilities in the real world are temporarily put aside while you focus on recovery. By allowing you to make beating your addiction the only thing you are trying to achieve in your life, it also allows you to put all of your energy into it. This makes an inpatient drug rehab center the better choice for anyone that feels that overcoming their addiction will not be easy.
- Inpatient drug rehab also enjoys an advantage in the types of treatments that can be offered to patients. When you are temporarily living in a rehab facility, the staff there can monitor you and provide you medications to help to ease the withdrawal symptoms you will be struggling with. Since administering drugs can be risky, it's important that you have trained medical professionals overseeing you as you are treated with them. This is impossible with an outpatient program, which is another solid reason you should consider an inpatient drug rehab facility.
- If this isn't your first rodeo, meaning that you have struggled with addiction in the past and relapsed, then you really do need to be in an inpatient facility this time a.round. You need that extra attention that can only be achieved through 24-hour monitoring in an inpatient drug rehab facility. You may resent the people treating you at the time, but later on, once you have recovered you will probably change your attitude toward them very quickly and thank them for holding you accountable
What To Expect From An Inpatient Drug Rehab Facility in Blacksburg, SC
People tend to fear the unknown, so if you have never spent time in an inpatient drug rehabilitation facility near Blacksburg, SC before then it's perfectly understandable if you feel nervous or even afraid. To help alleviate those fears we will go over a general rundown of the types of things you should expect once you check into the facility of your choice.
- Upon checking into an inpatient drug rehab facility, the first thing they will do is a medical evaluation. Doctors will be looking for any health issues that could become problematic during your treatment, and they will also determine the extent to which you may experience withdrawal symptoms.
If it is determined that you are going to have to go through a detox period, then you will usually be kept in a room of your own while different medications to reduce the intensity of your withdrawal symptoms. This is going to be the toughest part of the process since your body has become used to your drug of choice. The good news is that the medications they give you should help, which makes the symptoms more bearable.
- Following any necessary detox period, you will then be shown to your room. Most inpatient drug addiction treatment centers are set up so that you can have your own room while you are recovering. This will help you to feel more normal during the process, and also give you some privacy.
- After getting settled in the next thing you should expect is to have a meeting with the medical staff where they go over your treatment plan. Don't be surprised if they have most of your waking hours tied up in various activities and therapies. The idea here is to try to keep your mind occupied so that you won't obsess over your craving for your drug of choice. Over time, as you continue to improve, they’ll be giving you more free time to help you when you transition back to living in the real world.
- In addition to one-on-one and group therapy, inpatient drug rehab will also include a lot of activities not directly related to your treatment. This is another way to keep your mind occupied during your recovery. It may be difficult to allow yourself to become immersed in and enjoy these extracurricular activities, but if you are able to do this then your recovery will probably go much smoother for you.
How Do You Choose The Right Addiction Treatment Center in Blacksburg, SC?
When you go to the store to buy something, you probably take a little time to look around and compare prices and features. This is something that just about anybody does whenever they buy anything. So if you are likely to take this kind of approach to something as trivial as what type of steak to buy for dinner that night, then you definitely need to take this same approach when making a major decision. When it comes to major decisions, there are few that will have as lasting of an impact than deciding which inpatient drug rehab facility is the best fit for you. So before you make any final decisions, and place your health in the hands of anyone else, spend some time learning about different addiction treatment centers.
- While it may seem like common sense, it still bears mentioning that any facility you are considering checking into should have all of the appropriate licenses and insurances.
You also want to make sure that the doctors at the facility are experts in addiction, and that anyone else employed by the facility also has the training necessary to provide you the care you need. The good news is you can find out a lot of this by simply calling an addiction treatment facility and asking questions.
- In addition to calling any treatment facility you are considering, you should also go online and read up on them. The internet gives everyone a voice, and people really like to use them.
So use a search engine and look up the facility you are considering and find out what people are saying. If you find more than a few negative comments then should probably consider other options.
- Another great option when looking for an inpatient drug rehab center is to talk to your doctor about it. Working in the medical field gives your doctor a unique perspective on healthcare in general.
Chances are pretty good that your doctor has some knowledge about the inpatient drug rehab facilities near you and they should be happy to share that information with you.
Overcoming your addiction can be a grueling process, but you need to do is sit down with your doctor, or an addiction facility, and then decide what the best course of action is for you. While you may not like the idea of having to live in an addiction recovery facility for an extended period of time, it may be something you have to do if you want to get your life back. Addictions can be incredibly hard to overcome, so if you can reach out and get someone to lend you a helping hand, then do it.